How to tell husband? Long post

Breann • Mom of 3!

So chances are that my husband is going to miss the birth of our final babe. Our business is starting up a week before our due date and the first 6 weeks are so crucial he’s not going to be able to step away. (I’ve known this and have been on board since before getting pregnant). I already told him to just wait until I get home from the hospital and not stress about missing a day.

We decided to keep this babes gender a surprise and my question is, how do I reveal it to him?! I probably won’t see him for a few days after I have the babe. My two girls will be dropped off with me the day I’m released, we’re going to take newborn/sibling photos, and then head home. So they will be meeting the baby first.

Should I tell him over FaceTime? Should I wait until I get home and see the look on his face when I tell him to meet his son/daughter? He said I could tell him however I want.

Side note. One of my in laws is staying at my house to take care of my kids while I’m away, my only fear is that if I tell him over the phone that she hears she’s going to blab to everyone. Until my husband has met our baby, everything will be kept off social media, and I really don’t want everyone knowing before I get the chance to say it myself.