Anyone had any babies on oxygen in NICU?

Becky • Mum of 2 👯‍♀️.

My little girl was born at 36w & 3d via emergency c section due to preeclampsia and growth restriction. She wasn't incredibly small, but was born 2.58 kg and looked like a premature baby. They whisked her away to the NICU when she was born and that has been it.

I haven't held her since birth and barely seen her and it's been 5 days now. She is struggling with her oxygen level and develops respiratory distress when off of it. When she was born it was at 60% and is now at 30%. She's also been treated for a lung inflammation and jaundice.

Other than that, she is eating 40 mls a feed and is gaining weight.

How long do you think she'll be in the NICU on oxygen? Has anyone been through this or have a similar story?

I am pumping breast milk for her and she is mainly eating that. It's the only thing distracting me and keeping me sane.

Since I've been discharged my husband isn't allowed to visit her any more, hospital policy which I don't really understand. He is finding it hard as well. We're not allowed to take pictures either but here is one we sneakily took:

I know it's the best thing for her in there but we are finding it extremely difficult and just want her home. Hoping anyone can share any story they have.