I hate customer service.. Rant.

Long story short: I work in a hotel, mostly front desk but I also do sales and some accounting; I’ve been here for a year and a half. This morning, a guest comes down and starts yelling and cussing

at me and my night auditor about the room and the price he paid, etc. Normally I’m bubbly and happy to help, but I’m not going to stand there and have you act like that in my lobby. So I shut him down and just told him that he could talk to a manager when one came in. He ended up calling my manager and told her that either his room is free or I need to be fired because “that’s not customer service.” He got a refund for his room, and I’m pissed off because that means he ‘wins’ by being a total ass.

Customer Service should never include tolerating being verbally abused by the customer.

Update: I went to pick up wine after work (I haven’t bought wine in months and I really needed it today), and the cashier gave me my bottle of wine for free, and I don’t know why. He just said “don’t worry about it, you’re good.” Sometime bad days lead to something good happening