Have you ever noticed a sudden shift where your stepkids actually start treating you like a real mom?

I've been married a little over a year now. I'd really love to have my own baby with my husband, and he has a 7-year-old daughter that I've been spending a lot of time with. Her mother is the main part of her life, and we actually only get her every second weekend. I am basically the sole caretaker for her when we have her. My husband does very little to entertain her, play with her, or help take care of her. And she has often been bossing me around and often grumpy with me, and not very affectionate, almost more like a nanny, friend or sister, then a stepmom. I've noticed a dramatic shift with her lately though, she seems very clingy with me, always wants to play with me, accidentally calls me Mom sometimes, and actually willingly cuddles me sometimes. Last night, I noticed that she does this clingy hugging-my-lap-and-not-wanting-to-leave thing that I often notice my nieces and nephews do with my sisters, which I always thought was pretty cute.

Vote below to see results!