So proud of myself

Posting here because I really don’t do social media, and this would sort of destroy the low key image I’ve tried to create.

Four years ago I was married to a horrible, horrible man that treated me like absolute dirt. I was working as a full-time professional musician, and hemorrhaging money due to my then husband’s propensity to spend money and not have a job. Barely making ends meet and frustrated with my life, I filed for divorce, got myself back on my feet after starting form scratch, and made a whole new life for myself.

I went back to school after deciding I wanted to change careers. I was going to school full time and also working six music jobs just to stay afloat.

Two years later, I was accepted into optometry school. I am the oldest person in my class, and it’s been fifteen years since I finished my music degree. And I am somehow at the very top of my class!

This is now my second year of optometry school. We’ve just finished our first set of exams for this semester, and while so many in class are struggling or barely getting by, I have earned A’s on every single exam.

It doesn’t come easy or naturally, but I work my behind off daily. And it’s days like today that things really pay off.

So proud of myself today.