New to Running

Elena

I don’t really have anywhere else to ask these kinds of questions so here goes nothing!

I recently started running because I’m training for a 10k in January. It’s my first time ever running, like in my entire life. I’ve had a debilitating knee condition in both knees since I was 9 and just finished up recovery on double reconstructive knee surgery. So I’m pretty new to intensive exercise!

I’m sure a lot of the things I’m experiencing/having troubles with are normal, but I just have no experience with this type of exercise and need some advice!

I’ve been having calf cramps right after running and at night. I’ve also been having some foot/toe pain and definitely already getting runner’s toes. If anyone had tips on how to handle or prevent these things that would be great!

Also find myself STARVING on any day that I run. I feel like I can’t stop eating! Anyone have any good post run snacks or meals to keep me full? GF and vegan preferably 😋 and should I really be eating more on days that I run?

Thanks to anyone who can help, just lost in this world of fitness!