Inappropriate?

Ka

My cousin is getting married this month and I am flying down to North Carolina for a week for it. My family is all going to be there. We are all pretty big drinkers...we like to have fun. We all drink when we are together. Well I am 6 dpo right now and by the time I leave I will be due for AF, so I am going to test right before I leave so I know whether I can drink or not at the wedding.

My question is, if my test is positive, is it inappropriate to announce it to my whole family when my cousin is getting married? I dont want to take the spotlight off of him, but if I'm not drinking they will all know why. It's going to be blatantly obvious. So I'm just not sure what I should do...play it off like I'm not feeling like drinking? Or just come out and tell them? 😫 Help!

EDIT: I should clarify I am arriving there a few days BEFORE his wedding, so I wouldn't be announcing it AT the actual wedding. Usually we would all drink the night we all arrive there (we are all staying in the same house) so they are going to be suspicious if they hand me a drink and I say no.