CONCERNED

Savannah

Hey Everybody!

My name is Savannah and I have been here awhile, but have never really posted much. I came to here to post so I could receive some input. The topic is Suspecting I have PCOS and Oligomenorrhea (the absence of menstrual cycle). I am almost 24 years old and back on 08/01 I went to see an OBGYN after not having a menstrual cycle since 04/2017. The doctor tested for everything. My TSH was a 3.74 and my Free Testosterone was a 6.1- Which is on the very High side of normal. I have been gaining weight like crazy, despite diet changes, I have been having excessive hair growth in areas that wuld be considered abnormal, and I have been SO sick. The Doctor prescribed Medroxyprogesterone to induce bleeding so I would atleast have a period. Typical time is starting 2-3 days after finishing and it took me twenty days. When I finally had the period, it was nothing but black/brown chunks- no fresh blood. The "period" ended and I started birth control almost two months ago. And yet, I still have not had a period. The Pelvic pain is sharp and unexpected, I have been sick since 08/01 with uncontrollable diarrhea- I never know when it's coming and It is TERRIBLE. It isn't every day, but for the Past few days, my body just hasn't felt right.

I'm thinking of getting a second Opinion, because my doctor doesn't seem to be too concerned about me having PCOS until my period becomes regular, but I just feel like something is wrong that I don't know about. All pregnancy tests and STD/STI tests are negative and my bloodwork has been normal besides thyroid, and testosterone. The doctor is wanting me to wait a couple more months, but I'm not sure I can handle this craziness for much longer. Hubby and I are just wanting to get EVERYTHING in check before we decide we want kids, so we don't have to go through this at a later date and make everything more complicated!! If anyone has any advice, or has experienced what I'm experiencing, PLEASE give me some pointers! Thanks!!