Now I’ve lost him for good.

A few months ago I met this guy and I believe I truly fell for him. Our connection is like no other, I constantly have flashbacks and can almost feel his hand in mine again. We laugh and play, but we’re also romantic and sweet. He severed our relationship stating we couldn’t try to do this now because he doesn’t have the time to really make me a priority due to constant school work and studying. We would still talk and he’s told me he misses me. Granted I haven’t talked to him in about a month, since the last night I saw him and he kissed me goodnight. (This was after we stopped the relationship). I was heartbroken. After a couple weeks of not hearing from him at all, I went on a date and started talking to a new guy, convincing myself I had to move on somehow and I had to do it now to get my mind off of Rhett. Well, I slept with this new man and felt better, for a little while. 4 days after sleeping with him, I got a herpes outbreak. I now have genital herpes. I am terrified for the day Rhett reaches out to me (if ever) and I will have to tell him what’s happened while he was gone. I would take him back in a heartbeat but I know he will most likely not want to be with me once I tell him. He may never reach out to me again and want to try things, but if he ever does, and my herpes ruins it... I will be devastated.