Trust Issues

Sydney

This guy and I have been dating for a few months now. We already act like boyfriend and girlfriend so I asked him why we weren’t. Basically, he has trust issues because of a past relationship so he’s afraid to commit. But he said he’s not afraid to commit to me, he just has to overcome his trust issues.

I’ve never dealt with someone who had trust issues. I asked him how I could help and he said to reassure him and keep being who I’ve been.

Is there anything else I can do? I want to be his girlfriend sooo bad but I don’t want to make it about me lol.

UPDATE:

Not sure if anyone cares about an update 🤷🏻‍♀️ but we were talking on the phone one night kinda about this topic and I mentioned how we weren’t official and he said “well I can make that happen when we see each other in person”. He didn’t want to do it right then and there because he said it’d be lame on the phone. But then I told him I want to be his girlfriend because he wants it too, not just because he knows it’s what I want.

It’s been maybe like 2 weeks since that conversation and we still aren’t official. If I have to wait until he wants it that’s fine, but I wonder if he’s not really even thinking about it because we already act like a couple. I kinda want to mention it, but then I don’t want to because I want him to prove himself that he wants it. I don’t want to ask him about it then him be like “well let’s be boyfriend and girlfriend then!” I want it to come from him, not me! Maybe I shouldn’t think like that 😂