Yesterday was the one year anniversary of our egg and sperm retrieval procedures and the day we conc...

Samantha
Yesterday was the one year anniversary of our egg and sperm retrieval procedures and the day we conceived our future babies. One year later we welcomed our beautiful baby girl at 9:25 pm, Natalie Ruth Brown. 6 lbs 13 oz 20” long. We are so in love!! 💕👑🎀.
Birth story:
Went to my ob Monday and blood pressure readings were elevated so they sent me to l&d for what I thought was monitoring. Get to jersey shore and the resident says she spoke to the ob and that I’m being admitted, but I have to be monitored to see if I need meds. Started cervidil at 3pm and water broke on it’s own at 11. Removed cervidil and wasn’t on anything for a few hours to see how my body did. Started pitocin at 2 am. Really horrible contractions all morning but only dilated to 1-2 cm so my ob was reluctant to start epidural. Second dose of morphine didn’t help at all so begged for epidural. Blood pressure kept spiking so started magnesium. SLOWLY started dilating and spent most of the day sleeping due to the magnesium. Finally dilated to 10 at 6:30. I had had a convo earlier in the day with my ob where he warned me c section might be necessary due to the shape of my pubic bone but we could try pushing and see what happens. Started pushing at 6:30 but made no progress due to the pubic bone so decided on c section at 8:30. Went to OR at 9 and she was here by 9:25. All my doctors, nurses and staff were excellent In taking care of us. We are over the moon!