Trying again

Becky

Hello ladies,

I recently lost my daughter Lily Elaine Wise, on August 24 of this year. It’s almost been two months now. Seems like it’s been a lot longer. When, I was pregnant it felt like the weeks few by. Now, I just feel like I’m frozen in time. Anyone else feel that way? Anyways, Lily was a stillborn. I was 39 weeks pregnant when my husband and I found out there was no heartbeat. The cause of Lily being a stillborn was the umbilical cord. The cord was extra long and had wrapped around her neck three times and once around her arm. The doctor told me that this happening is so rare. I had few issues during my pregnancy but nothing major. I never was considered a high risk pregnancy. I’ve been doing a lot of research and reading other people’s stories on stillborns, but don’t seem to find any answers. My husband and I decided that we went to try again. At first, I was afraid of what others would think about trying again so soon after losing Lily. I was worried that people would think I had moved on or had forgotten about Lily. But, I need to remember that I need to do what is best for me and not care what others think. I read where people have had stillborns and it seemed like nothing made you better until having a second child and it also, helped with the grief process. Not having empty arms would help me. (Picture is the article I was reading about conceiving after a having a stillborn.) So, what I’m wondering is how long did some of you ladies wait to get pregnant again and had healthy rainbow babies after a stillborn? Or complications? One of my good friends is 11 months older then her brother. Is it harder to get pregnant after having a csection? I still haven’t received my period. I know I’m not pregnant bc my husband and I haven’t had intercourse, yet.