do i let him in the delivery room?

Lauren

i’m not sure where to post this. but i need help.

a little backstory...

i have a 21 month old and a baby scheduled to arrive on the 6th of November. the father and i split up around 2.5 months ago. it was my decision, but pushed by him. i felt that for my safety, it had to be done. he was manipulative, narcissistic, abusive, and a sociopath. i have been scared of him for a long time, and even now i’m somewhat scared of what he might do. he hasn’t given me any support in providing things for our children, other than diapers for my oldest when i tell him we’re low. my parents have gotten it all since i’m not working and i was a stay at home mom prior to the split.

him and i have talked about him being in the room during the birth of our second child. however, considering he hasn’t bought anything for our child and has lied continuously about getting things, i’m starting to rethink that decision. he makes more than enough money to do so, but is somehow always broke. every time he talks to me, he raises his voice, calls me names, throws things up in my face that he knows will upset me, even knowing that i’ve been dealing with high blood pressure. he has been disrespectful to me, and my parents. he has shown up at our house unannounced and cops were called. we don’t have any type of custody agreement and we aren’t married. in my state, when children are born out of wedlock, the mother has full rights until the father files for a paternity test through the court and is proven to be the biological father.

should i let him be in the delivery room after everything? i’m afraid if i don’t then he will freak out and raise hell. i don’t know what to do anymore.