Tips for combining rooms?

Mr

My children are 2 years and 4.5 months old. My son (2 year old) has slept through the night in his own bedroom since 5 months old. My daughter (4.5 month old) is still sleeping in a pack and play in the master bedroom.

Son transitioned from the crib to a toddler bed in June 2018. His crib converts and I had purchased a toddler bed so he’s had both of them in his room for quite a while. He mostly sleeps in the converted crib but has occasionally slept in the toddler bed as well. I want to move him over to the toddler bed exclusively. Should I do this gradually by encouraging him to sleep in the toddler bed while still leaving the converted crib as an option or should I put the wall back on the crib and only leave him the toddler bed for sleep?

I’m sleep training my daughter now so that she learns to self soothe. My plan is to start letting her nap in the crib once I put the wall back on so that she gets used to sleeping in “their” room. I won’t put her in there overnight right away as hubby and I want to keep her in our room until at least 6 months old.

My plan is to try and combine them over Christmas vacation (hubby is a teacher so he will be home from work for approximately 10 days then and losing sleep won’t hurt him too badly.) The kids will be 2.5 and 6.5 months old at that point.

I’m open to any and all tips for making this transition as smooth and easy for the kids and preferably hubby and I lose as little sleep as possible, haha. Share your stories! Let me know what worked for you and what backfired! Please help!