I think I might like my best friend...

So how we met was kinda weird but my friend had introduced me to him and we starting texting and we pretty much instantly clicked. He’s easy to talk to, supports me, and he’s always there when I need him. We FaceTime pretty much every night. And we say I love you to each other... I’m just conflicted, I think I’m falling for him. But he’s stated that he didn’t want to be in a relationship and that he’s trying to focus on school. (We’re seniors in high school btw.) But I totally respect that, especially coming from a household with strict parents I’ve never been in a relationship. (We’ll save that story for another time)

Sooo, we just had a “movie date” with a couple of our friends as tradition during this month and pretty much the whole time he was just messing with me. And I guess that’s expected from friends but more skin-ship was involved. I can’t really explain it... I guess what I’m most concerned about is whether or not I should keep these feelings to myself or let him know. I’m lowkey scared to ruin what relationship we have but he’s making things confusing/difficult for me.

Side note: He just turned 18 about 2 weeks ago, and my 18th birthday is in December.

Any advice?