Confused about me 😞

I’ve had this amazing boyfriend for over a year. We would always make it work with everything. He was so supportive with everything and always made me feel so alive. I hung out with him everyday. We became so attached to each other. Lately He’s been having problems at home with his parents. Everything changed. He became confused about everything, including me. He told me he might’ve lost interest in me. So I broke up with him and he didn’t take it well. He said he loved me he loved me so much. He called me saying he lost everything and that his life was pointless. He said he didn’t want to move on from me. That it was going to hurt him seeing me with someone new. Does he love me? We’re “friends” right now because he’s not doing so well since he’s been crying all day. Or is he just used to being with me? Is this like a phase because of the problems he’s going through ? Please someone help me I’m truly heart broken. I’ve done everything for him. Now that we are friends he tells me he loves me and doesn’t want anyone else. He can’t stop crying