Husband & Ex crossing each other’s paths...

M

6 years ago, I cheated on my then-boyfriend (who’s now my husband) on a guy who’s very close to my uncles and aunts across the country of where I live now. My husband found out, got really upset and reached out to the guy himself. The guy never knew that I had a boyfriend nor that I was living with him, completely my fault. We immediately ended that and fast forward, I married my husband going on 5 years and we have a 3 year old daughter together. The guy, is also married now and is expecting a child with his wife. Here’s where it gets hard.. husband and I will be moving to Florida next year (where my aunt, uncles and that guy lives) and it’s inevitable that they will cross paths. The guy, is extremely close to my family and will definitely be there at the family events. I just need advice on how I could approach the situation with my husband where it isn’t awkward. Knowing my husband, he will always be upset and probably won’t even acknowledge the guy’s presence. But I’m seriously dreading it.. I’ve tried to explain to my husband that it wasn’t the guys fault, that he had no idea and that it was all me, and my husband just wasn’t trying to hear it.. please advise me on what’s the best way to approach the situation.