Parental Units

Maddie • 👁👄👁

Alright I'm an art kid through and through. The weird shit I've made in photoshop serves as proof of that and because of my love of the arts the idea of tattoos and piercings sound really fucking cool to me.

My parents seem to think otherwise and while I understand them being against it when I'm 17 but it's starting to go a bit far.

They've started telling me that only people looking for attention get tattoos and have started pointing out random strangers and whispering "you don't want to look like that do you?" I think a more recent addition is how tattoos are a neo-nazi thing to which I argued it's a universal thing. Yeah I got an eye roll with that. Now my siblings have joined in and the entire family is bullying me about wanting to get some tattoos and piercings when I'm a legal adult

Now not only are they being generally shady but they've threatened to not put any money towards my college tuition is if I get and tattoos or piercings.

This is extra, right? What even.

Help

No shade on my parents, I love them and their chill with most things. This just seems like a lot and worth sharing