Dog and small kids

Me

Hello mommies! So, here is a thing. My husband and I been wanting to get a golden retriever for a very long time, and we think we are ready. However, we have 2 small kids, 9 month and 3 years. I was very concerned about potty training, because our little one crawls everywhere, and I didn’t want him to step in it. So I was thinking we should wait. But it’s SO HARD TO WAIT, because we are absolutely in love with Golden’s and our hearts melt when we see one. Today, accidentally, I see an advertising of a 6 month old Golden for sale, crate trained and potty trained. Not too far from us. And potty training was my biggest concern. So, here is my question for moms who also have dogs— can we make it work with such small kids? How hard is it going to be? Will it be worth it, or should we still wait until the little one gets older? Everyone tells me I should wait, because small kids and dogs aren’t the best idea... but I only have “cat people” around me, no one is really into dogs... and there are so many people who have tiny kids and big dogs... of course I will ask the seller why they are selling the dog, how good are they with kids, how jumpy the dog is and all these great stuff... would you say we should wait, or go ahead and fulfill our dream?