Pregnant After Femara! Read for tricks that helped!

Maddie

Hi everyone! I wanted to share that I am four weeks and 3 days today after my first cycle with Femara and Ovidrel after 11 months TTC and a PCOS diagnosis. I have no idea if these tips or tricks worked or had anything to do with it, but I really liked reading people’s thoughts when I was TTC and wanted to share what worked for us in case it helps someone else!

Femara was 5 mg days 3-7.

My follicles were slow growing which was scary! Within a couple days, two ended up growing very quickly after I tried using a heating pad each night for about half an hour, I put the pad over the entire ovary/uterus area. I also ate a lot of dairy during my follicles monitoring while waiting to hear that I was ready to trigger. I drank milk, ate cheese and ice cream, had yogurt smoothies etc. until we triggered, and we ended up having two mature follicles.

When it came time to BD, we BD’d about five hours before the trigger (our RE had us do it at midnight) and the night of the trigger. We used Pre-Seed each time and I ate pineapple every day during this. The third night we were so exhausted from waking up at 4:00 am for monitoring the prior week that we decided to try a version of home

<a href="https://glowing.com/glow-fertility-program">IUI</a>

. We used an oral medicine dropper that my husband “filled” and I injected it as far as I could into my vagina using preseed. All three times I laid down for about twenty minutes afterwards.

Got my first BFP at 12 DPO and they get stronger every day! Confirmed with bloods today. Good luck to everyone TTC!!