For Dad ❤️

𝙲𝚊

My dad passed away on January 9, 2017 after fighting numerous heart diseases since 2003.

My sister & I have been talking about getting matching tattoos since I was 16. We could never agree on a design though... until October 19, 2018...

My sister is 8 years older than me. She lives an hour away. I had already planned on going to her house that day, but had no clue what she had already planned.

My husband & I get to her house with our 9 month old daughter. We get settled in, say hello to my sisters children, & my sister says, “so, Carole. I should probably let you know we’re doing something tonight — just us. Sister time.”

I said, “okay, cool. What are we doing?”

Then she took out her phone & showed me the two designs of a tattoo she had found on google that she wanted to combine.

I said, “Jess, as much as I would love to, I don’t have the money for a tattoo right now.”

She gave me that look. If any of you have a big sister or a mom, you know what look I’m talking about. “Don’t worry about it” she said. “I got it covered. We’re doing this.”

& so we did... we went to a tattoo shop not far from her house, showed the artist the two pictures & told her to combine them...

Now we really have dad with us wherever we go, just like he had us with him everywhere he went (he had our names & our birthdays tattooed on his arms). It’s yet another thing I share with my big sister; my best friend.

I know Dad would absolutely love them.❤️