9lb baby boy born at 37 weeks!

Bailey

My water broke around 6am at 37+2. We were in shock since it was our first pregnancy and my doctor kept saying it would be more likely that we would deliver closer to our due date. I wasn’t having contractions yet but they had us come in anyway.y husband and I stopped for breakfast on the way and we’re even laughing the whole drive to the hospital. We arrived to L&D around 8 and were immediately admitted. They checked and I was already 2-3cm dilated. They started me on pitocin around 8:30 hoping to really get the contractions started. I started really feeling them around lunch time and made it to dinner without the epidural. They checked me once they gave me the epidural and I was 6-7 cm dilated. Knowing that it was going to be a long night, DH and I tried to rest but we couldn’t seem to fall asleep. A couple hours later they checked me again and I was at 9cm. By then I was exhausted and finally took a nap! About an hour later it was time to push. After about an hour and a half of pushing, Gatten Michael was born at 1:36am weighing in at 9lbs 1oz and measured 21.5in long! It’s been 2 weeks and we are completely in love! I can’t imagine how big he would’ve been if he would have gone the full 40!