FWB Question

Maddy

Hey ladies!! I have a question regarding an exclusive FWB arrangement. So I have never done an FWB before, but being newly single I kinda wanna just try some new things before I think about getting into a relationship again at some point. Now with this being said, I asked the guy I’m doing this with if it’s exclusive or not (because I’m not trying to catch any STD’s) and he said yes. Now this is someone who I think has some minor feelings for me but has said he doesn’t want serious commitment right now, and that’s something I’m also on the same page with because I’m just enjoying the single life right now. Now with that being said.....

1. Am I technically still single in this type of arrangement because it’s exclusive? A lot of friends of mine have said because it’s exclusive I can’t flirt or (obviously) hook up with anyone else, sext, or see any other guys. The hooking up I wouldn’t be doing with anyone else, but I do like to have some fun flirting with other people and seeing other guys so am I not allowed to do that?

2. The man talks to me just about everyday and strikes up a convo with me (I rarely text him first) and is that normal for something that’s JUST supposed to be hooking up? We were never really friends before this, just kinda met through a friend of his and had some interest to get to know one another so here we are doing this exclusive fwb...does he have some feelings or something or is curious to see where things go?

3. This same person got mad at me over some heresay that wasn’t true, and then came to me a few weeks later to apologize and then suddenly started talking to me a lot again. I also had sex with someone prior to him and he was VERY mad about it (someone he doesn’t like, that I didn’t know but him and I weren’t anything until after that happened) and he said he felt like shit about it...if you’re just trying to be a FWB with someone why get mad about me having sex with someone else BEFORE him and I ever did and why apologize to me about something minor and start talking to me again???

I am just quite confused on some things and I’m not exactly sure what i want so I’m just trying to clear some things up for myself. Thanks in advance!!