Rant - feeling down over family stuff.

Yesterday I had my intake appointment and as a part of the questions the nurse asked about any issues in my family with drug abuse... and so I told my sordid tale which boils down to, my immediate family are all addicts (though 1 is in recovery which makes me so happy). After I left, I felt really down about it for most of the day. It just kind of followed me like a shadow.

Today, I’m over it and living my life and then my SIL (husbands sister) posts a picture with track marks (she just had her kid taken away a few months ago, has been asking for money, and swearing she’s clean) and I don’t know if it’s the hormones but I’ve been so over the top upset about it.

My husband and I have worked so hard to build a life different from our families (we live thousands of miles away, on purpose), but I just sometimes wish I had that family support system that other people have... I just feel so cheated sometimes.

And not for nothing, I also wish I didn’t have to worry about my kids being predisposed to addiction...

Anyway, I’ve just been sitting with this today and I needed to get it out. I’m sorry to be a downer on this board.