TTC after Bilateral Cystectomy....we’re pregnant!

Stephanie

UPDATE: At about 7 weeks, a little over a month ago, we lost our baby. We were all devastated but we know that God has a plan and we’re still so grateful to him because we know that we can still get pregnant after my surgery. We’re going to TTC after a couple regular periods.

So, in September I had a surgery to remove two cysts in my ovaries. I had one on each side and they measured around the size of a plum and a grapefruit, respectively. Now, these were dermoid cysts which can be full of tissue, teeth, hair, and all other sorts of fun stuff! 😅 They found them when I was pregnant with my precious baby girl, Paola. I had to wait around 7 months to have the surgery after giving birth and after I did they let me know the chances of me getting pregnant any time soon were very low because, as my operating doctor said it, I was left with a “floppy bag” for an ovary. He’s a great doctor, just not so great at explanning some things! Lol. Well, my husband and I started trying right after we got the all clear and by all calculations, we’re 5 weeks and 2 days today! We found out on Saturday and boy did I cry! We’re absolutely so overjoyed! Paola is going to be a big sister! 😭❤️😍