How do you know?

I love my husband and I care about him a lot. But lately it’s different. I’ve seen new sides of him that don’t add up. I feel like he doesn’t want to be happy, if the makes sense. He hates his job and I’m encouraging him to quit and find one he likes but he doesn’t want to. He just wants to complain about the job he has now.

I love seeing him happy & seeing us happy. Be has a lot of potential to do anything but doesn’t enforce it.

I met him at my job while I was in college & he’s 10 years older than I am. We moved a little too fast but I never regretted it until I realized he’s not using his potential to get us out of his mom’s apartment. As a 30 something year old I expected him to be different, especially because I was under the impression that he had his shit together when we were dating.

I’m not saying i have my shit together (I have MANY flaws, I’m definitely too moody & have high expectations for my loved ones) but I’ve learned to be more independent because I can’t rely on him to be there for me 100%. I got myself out of debt (with his motivation), saving money (for A place of our own), paying my student loans + my bills.

I’m pregnant, taking a year off before I start grad school. I understand that education is definitely not for everyone. However, it is something important for me.

I’ve accepted the fact that he’s not a school person but he’s sticking to a job he hates, he’s not making any efforts to move us out of his mom’s apartment, he doesn’t have any future plans for ourselves or our future daughter. I’m starting to feel that although we’re financially stable together, we don’t work because of the many ambitions I have, yet he’s content with living with his mom for as long as he can/ is content with 0 change.

Again, I love him & care about him but I don’t know if I’m IN love with him. So how do you know if you truly love someone?