MIL 😏

Rhiannon • \\Mama to Oscar & Amelia 💙 Wife to Gerard//

So my husband and I work one week on and one week off on his family’s farm. The week we aren’t on. They are.

Keep these details in mind.

This week. We are on. But this week happens to be the week I have my 20 week scan and a midwife appointment.

We worked an extra day last week because they went to a party and the farm isn’t exactly close to town. So to save them driving All of the way back. We worked the extra day. (No big deal)

So this morning. At 9:50 is my scan and my husband asked his dad if they would mind working the morning (just the morning) while we go to the scan.

He said yes. (All sounds great. Right?)

Well they rock up and his mum is all dressed up. I say “you look nice, where are you going?) and she was like in a grumpy tone. Work apparently!.

So I left it at that thinking. ...

She obviously doesn’t want to be here. But she is.. and It’s not like it would change her mood if I told her not to worry because then she would have an hour drive all the way home.

I did feel bad though so I messaged my husband who is down in the farm. And told him what had happened and turns out she was dressed up because she was assuming that she would just come to the scan instead of him and when he told her he wanted to go.. because you know.. it’s his baby.

She was upset because she had to go to work on her rostered day off and never gets involved with anything to do with the baby.

Ugh. I don’t know what to do. Because I do feel bad. But in all honesty. She’s never that nice to me and I would love for my husband to be there if possible.. over her.. or anyone for that matter. Sooo yeah.

In a pickle. My spot is in 2 hours but I have to leave in 40mins and part of me wants to tell her to come instead. To save any hard feelings because even though my husband would like to come .. if it came down to making his mum feel good. He would just let her instead.

But the other part of me just wants to ignore that she’s upset and go with my husband like I had originally arranged and would obviously prefer. Ugh.