Help.

My boyfriend, he’s struggling. He had something happen last week, and then this week something happened with his family. Someone’s very sick. I don’t know how to help. I can’t help. There’s nothing I can do. It breaks my heart, I wish I could take it. I would in a heartbeat. I don’t know why there’s so much pain, he doesn’t deserve it. His family doesn’t deserve it. I feel helpless. I know I need to give him space, and I am. I’m really trying to give him space, because I don’t want to crowd him and make him upset. We’re still young(17) so there’s not a whole lot I can do physically. I’ve been checking up on him, and i’m trying so hard not to be overbearing. But this is the worst feeling in the world. I want to make it go away. I want to hold him, and tell him it’s alright, and take his pain, and give it to myself, it makes me so sad and it makes me angry that it’s happening to him. I know this isn’t about me, I’m not trying to make it about me, because I honestly and truly want the pain instead. It hurts not being able to comfort him. How do I help? What do I do?

UPDATE: everyone’s okay! I’m so relieved. Thanks for all your help!