Who’s wrong here?

To start off I had my daughter 9 months ago and she is my last child, me and my husband now have 5 in all. So we decide that one of use needs to get fixed, and he’s scared, so I decide to do it, I schedule the appointment to talk about it, got blood taken, and signed papers, 3 weeks later it’s almost time for surgery, it’s scheduled for next Tuesday at 630 am. So my husband works graveyards and decides to take Monday and Tuesday off to help with kids after surgery. Today my mom comes over and in front of my husband I ask her if she could drive me to the surgery center because my daughter wakes up about 630 for her bottle, and the kids have to get ready for school, and she said yes. I was thinking about my husband and trying to make things easier on him so he can just worry about the kids. As soon as my mom leaves he is mad at me, yells at me about how could I ask her, that’s the only reason he took the days off was to drop me off at the surgery center, and says he should just go to work. I’m like hello the “KIDS” that’s why you took off not to just drop me off. Now I’m crying, had to tell my mom nevermind and he said he’s not taking me. Who’s in the wrong here, me for asking me mom for a ride, or him for overreacting?