Finally picked a midwife!

Shayla • 🧔👩 👼👧👼👦👱‍♂️🐕‍🦺🐕 Happily married Mama Bear

Kind of excited, but also nervous. I've only ever done home births before but this little one was a bit of a surprise and we're currently in a position where the services have to be covered by Medicaid. Since Medicaid doesn't cover home births, we went with a birthing center instead. It certainly looks cozy and homey, but it's still going to be massively different than the comfort of my own home. Plus, nothing was mentioned in the interview about twins, but I just read in the paper that they don't handle twin births; and while we don't know whether it's twins or not, both my family and my husband's have twins, of which we are each directly descended from (my grandmother was a twin and his mother was a twin). So basically now I'm freaking out, if it's twins we'll have no choice but to go through an OB at the same hospital that not only forced my cousin into an unnecessary C-Section, but also fucked up said C-Section and left her with a fatal infection. Which left her son, whose father wanted nothing to do with him, an orphan. I refuse to have my children in a hospital, much less that one, so I'm really getting worked up now. I guess I just needed to vent lol. Am I overreacting?