C-Sections... just hear me out.

Gabrielle

I will be 35 weeks tomorrow... of course I’m tired of being pregnant. This is my first pregnancy and it has been awful. I don’t want to schedule a c-section because I’m ready for her to be here... I’m 21 years old. When I was 14 I was in a terrible car accident and ended up having a broken pelvis. The fracture wrapped all the way around my pelvis inches away from “ nicking” the spinal cord. I was told that Vaginal birth may be impossible to do, but won’t find out until we go to push, and end up in emergency C-section. I’ve been hesitant to share this on here because I’ve been seeing a lot of negativity to the moms on here who have been opting for elective c-sections... I see my doctor today to further to talk about my options. I’m just terrified that she’ll get “stuck” and lost oxygen from the time they realize I can’t deliver to the time they cut her out. Everyone tells me the recovery isn’t worth it, but anything is worth her life. I need help deciding because “it’s up to me” , but with all the negativity I’ve been ready just really makes me feel like an awful mother already for even suggesting a C-section...