i knew it’d be this way...

anyone else doing this alone? i live with my boyfriend and i still feel like i’m doing this all alone. i’m a first time mom and this is his first child too. so i totally get we’re learning. but i have to constantly ask him to do things and when i do ask something i have to repeat myself multiple times before it ever gets done. i even have to ask him to pick our son up and hold him. he literally can walk in the room and walk right past our son without looking at him which to me is crazy because i can’t get enough of him. idk what to do... he sits here and plays on his phone and every time i say something about him not helping he gets all defensive and says stuff like “how am i not??” and “if it wasn’t for me he wouldn’t even be here”. i honestly don’t care that i’m taking care of my child basically by myself because i love him but i’m just so torn.. i could go stay at my grandparents but i really don’t want to do that because that means that he’ll just be sitting at home playing on his play station and still not learning how to be a dad. while we were in the hospital the nurse even made a comment towards him saying “i don’t mean to be rude but if you’re the only one holding him he’s only going to know you” because he wasn’t helping at all and after my c section i was the one still doing everything. i’m just so over the “he’s learning” crap i’ve heard from people because i’m learning too but i’m not neglecting our child...