My birth story 9 months later 💁‍♀️(Long post) Pictures included!

Katelyn • 👼 11-20-15. 🌈 03-26-18. 👣 10-27-21.

Just getting around to telling my birth story and I also want to have something written so one day my daughter can read it. So a little backstory first. My sister in law and I were 2 weeks apart and she has a tendency to deliver early. We also lived together in Alaska at the time. At my 20 week ultrasound they said my baby girl was measuring very small. I had about 5 more ultrasounds then at 37 weeks I had another one and baby girl was still measuring small so my midwife decided it was best to induce. So I go home tell my husband and we start packing the last minute stuff we need to head to the hospital. Meanwhile my sister in law is having contractions and just as we are about to leave she comes outside and says she had her bloody show and we need to take her now. We get in the truck and head to the hospital and my husband is going about 80 to 90mph because her contractions are very close together(It was her 4th baby). We get to the hospital and she has her baby 15 minutes after we get there 😳. My husband and I get to our room and they start misoprostol at 7pm on a Friday. They also get a foley bulb in. I had the misoprostol every 3 hours. I had the foley bulb in till about 2pm the next day so my midwife pulled it out and I was only at a 2! 😞 They then started piticon and that literally did nothing except give me back labor. They kept me on the pitocin till about 3pm on Sunday and I was at a 4. They took me off it to give me a break and started the misoprostol again. I was contracting but nothing too terrible. I was finally able to get some rest after some meds and at 6 I woke up and felt something trickle down my leg. The midwife came in and confirmed it was my water leaking. She then broke my water and that’s when shit got real! I started contracting instantly really hard. They would last a whole minute and were coming every 3 to 4 minutes. I always said I wouldn’t be one of those girls that were loud but boy was I wrong lol. I swore up and down I wouldn’t get a epidural but at this point I had been in labor for 50 hours. I get the epidural at 7:30pm and took a couple short naps. At 12am I feel pressure in my bottom so I page the nurse and she checks me and says I’m at a 10! My midwife gets there at 12:15 and I start pushing. My epidural had wore off quite a bit on my right side so I could feel some of what I was doing. At 12:45 our sweet little rainbow baby was born. They went to put her on my chest but I guess she had a short cord and only came halfway up my stomach. They waited till the cord stopped pulsating then we did skin to skin for about 30 minutes. I did tear a tiny bit and needed 3 stitches. They did all their routine things and said her blood sugar was low so they would check it again in a couple hours. When they did it was still low and she wasn’t keeping her temperature up. She had to go to the NICU for 9 days because her oxygen levels kept dipping. Sorry this was so long!

Nova Jade born March 26, 2018.

She weighed 5 pounds 3.4 ounces and was 18 inches long.

Just born. That’s as far as she would go with the cord still attached.

In her incubator.

First smile 😊

Newborn pics

Now at 9 months old! 🙂