Losing My Damn Mind! šŸ˜«šŸ¤Æ

Hannah

Okay, this isnā€™t even important, and Iā€™m assuming Iā€™m not the only one, but can we just commiserate together for a moment?

Iā€™m so happy to be in my second trimester at 16 weeks 2 days. I think Iā€™m even starting to over come my morning sickness (holla!). I donā€™t feel as tired and Iā€™m feeling pretty decent. Which I SHOULD be happy about.

INSTEAD, Iā€™m losing my mind on if my baby is doing alright. Am I just obnoxiously paranoid? Or is everyone else going through this? Like my poor mother listens to me gripe and she thinks Iā€™m crazy. I think thatā€™s mostly because when she had her four children there wasnā€™t nearly as much access to her unborn children as today. There were no private ultrasound companies to pay and see your baby pretty much whenever. Or baby Dopplerā€™s.

I find myself poking my belly trying to see if Iā€™m really ā€œbumpingā€ or if Iā€™m just fat. Pressing my abdomen trying to convince myself that itā€™s hard and thatā€™s my uterus and growing baby (which it probably it is). I just am not cut out for this not knowing shit lol. I bought a baby Doppler cause I couldnā€™t take it any longer, but it still hasnā€™t showed up.

And then, as much as I love this app and as much as it helps me it also adds to my paranoia occasionally. Like honestly, I reasonably know that more than likely my baby is fine. Many women feel great and ā€œlessā€ pregnant in the second trimester. But I keep seeing more and more posts about people feeling their baby and then that little voice pops in my head ā€œwhy havenā€™t you felt your babyā€? Which once again, I KNOW most women donā€™t feel their baby till 18-20 weeks. But do I want to listen to reason...noooooo. I think I just need to know other women are starting to feel ā€œtoo normalā€ and are getting paranoid too lmao. Misery loves company! šŸ˜¬ Feel free to vent your worries.