Support for Jan TTC

Cheryl

Hello! I’m kinda of new here. I’ve had glow for a while and just have been lurking, reading and understanding.

I am 31! I have never been pregnant. In a very committed relationship with my boyfriend (who already knows he wants to propose but he wants to wait for the right moment, though sometime this year!)

Last December I was diagnosed with a DVT and PE. My doctor at the time didn’t do a whole lot for me as follow up and stuck me on depo saying it was my apri pill that caused it. My doctor moved and I got a new one only to find out that Depo wasn’t safe for people with blood clots.

My boyfriend and I decided the time was right to start trying for a baby. Since my diagnosis a year ago I’ve lost 80 pounds and focused on getting healthy to prepare for motherhood. In all honestly I’m still probably about 60 pounds overweight but the doctor green lighted me to start trying.

To add to the struggle I also take metformin to manage insulin resistance (not officially diagnosed with PCOS) and my doctor just sent me a letter they would like me to go see a hematologist since I’m trying to get pregnant to talk about blood clot prevention.

December was our first month trying. My temps have been dropping the past 3 days and glow says I’m due to AF by Saturday. So I am pretty sure I’m out this cycle.

We decided to up our chances next cycle and I purchased a better thermometer to track more accurately, I got clear blue digital ovulation kits and pre-seed.

Fingers are crossed January will be our month. Anyone else want to jump in here and support each other/talk about the journeys, symptoms and struggles?