I’m so lucky

Bridgette • Subscribe to my YouTube channel: Bridgette Mcflurry

Okay so 2018 wasn’t the best year for me, I lost my job a couple times, struggled with bills, had abusive roommates who made me feel worthless and not good enough. Wasn’t sure if I’d be homeless or not a couple times. I ended the year broke as hell with no money and no way to pay my bills coming up in January as I still dont have a job.

BUT I HAVE AN INTERVIEW AT SONNYS TODAY AND AN INTERVIEW AT PET SUPERMARKET TOMORROW AND IM GOING TO GET BOTH JOBS SO PRAY FOR ME AND FOR MY SUCCESS AT NAILING THESE INTERVIEWS!!

I’ve been unemployed since the 2nd of December. It wasn’t expected, I called HR to complain about a new hire we had who was harassing me and bullying me and they fired me for it Bc I said I refused to work with him anymore.... it’s been really stressful.

But ....

Three of the best things to EVER happen to me happened in 2018 and although the entire year was shit, the three things made my life a bit more bearable.

1- I got Gucci, my savior. I was depressed when I got him and he showed me self love and confidence, he’s been there for me through every single obstacle I’ve faced last year and I wouldn’t ever think about giving him away or anything!! (My family is refusing to help me with bills or anything Bc of Gucci and because they think it’ll enable me to be lazy and not get a job) he recently turned a year old on December 28th, he’s such a big boy now and I’m so proud of how far he’s come, he completely rods the stereotype of pit bulls being aggressive, he’s the BIGGEST cuddle bug and kisser.

2- my boyfriend Jabari....

man where do I even start? I met him on tinder and was like well he seems chill enough to be my friend ( was looking for friends and smoking buddies 420) and he kept asking to hangout so I was like sure lol why not. Well he picks me up from my work ( I was still working when I started dating him) after I’m off and mind you I’m expecting him to pull up in some run down Toyota or something bc he’s around my age (I’m 19, he’s 21), no. THIS DUDE PULLS UP IN THIS GORGEOUS ASS SPECIAL EDITION MUSTANG!!! I was so damn surprised, like honest to god when he pulled up in front of me I was like uumm who are you? Anyway he turned out to be FFIIIIINNNEEEE ASF (in my eyes but my friends say he’s fine too so idk) and we start the ride back to my place, he asks me what type of music I listen to and I’m like rap, he’s surprised and is like white girl listens to rap... oh okay. I was like HOLD UP WAIT A MIN!! I am not white!!! I am from Costa Rica, norm and raised, 16 or so generations back, pure Costa Rican and Costa Rican Indian, doesn’t matter that my skin color is pale asf lmao i don’t tan. So he was like bet and put some rap music on. We get to my house and there was a mess that my (visiting from Costa Rica) cousin hadn’t cleaned and I’d had a rough day at work so I just started going off in Spanish and next thing I know jabari is just standing there all surprised with his mouth almost touching the floor.... his dumbass didn’t expect me to really know Spanish since I don’t have an accent when I speak English, and vice versa. Anyway after that we go and smoke a couple blunts and then we get the munchies so I make us some grilled cheese and ham sandwiches (basically cubanos), at this point it’s like 11pm, late asf. So he goes home and then picks me up the next night from work and we do the same thing, except I actually cook for him and he stays the night, no funny business just we pass out on the bed from being so tired.

Drops me off at work and such and asks if he can shoot his shot and I say yes, (we talked for a month following that) fast forward a couple months and it’s honestly been the best thing ever. Before Jabari i didnt know what love was, I thought I’d been in love but I hadn’t, it was all puppy love. Like bruh when I tell you looking at this man can calm my worst anxiety attacks down, just a hug from him calma my nerves, a kiss makes my heart flutter, how attentive he is to my needs, how caring he is, how devoted he is to me. Before him I’d dated shit dudes, dudes who cheated and used me, Jabari knows that and even though he doesn’t try super hard he’s still able to blow my mind almost daily because things that are normal to him and other SO’s aren’t to me, I’m not used to a healthy loving relationship and it’s so scary at times because I keep thinking he’s going to leave me Bc of all this crap going on rn but he says he won’t, he’s stuck through me loosing my job, my anxiety attacks, my panic attacks, my extremely energetic attitude at times, my crazy ex landlords and such, man everything!! He does so much for me and I love him soooo much!!

Okay so like you know when you’re so overcome with emotion over someone you just start crying because you’re so happy? Yeah that’s how I feel about him, I sleep better when he’s here, my minds clearer, everything could be going to shit and if he’s there holding me it doesn’t matter. Words can’t even describe how much I fucking love this man and I’m so grateful that God sent me his way because idk where I’d be without him.

Okay and last but not least...

3- my babygirl Athena. I got her at 6 weeks, same as Gucci, but they’re 10 months apart ( Gucci is 12-28-17 and Athena is 10-18-18), shes been a feisty little shit ever since I got her, barking at her big brother and myself + Jabari constantly, she’s adorable, she makes me laugh, and she’s great at cuddling. I got her as a birthday gift for Gucci as when I am working I work waaay too much and sometimes Gucci is home alone for 8+ hours due to a long shift. They’re the cutest pair ever, and Gucci is a great big brother to her. I got her on December 2nd, I’ve had her for a month. In that short month I’ve bonded with her... more like jabari has lol... he went from saying he isn’t a dog person to cuddling her to sleep every night and calling her “his dog”, she’s really smart and is learning to go potty outside, she’s guna start learning more tricks soon though. She’s 11 weeks old today! She’s my baby ❤️

I am Incredibly lucky to have all three of them in my life and i love all of them equally.