Confused...Period a week early?!

Antonia

So my husband and I have been ttc for about 6 months and I was hoping I had gotten pregnant over Christmas vacation. I am (was?) in the 2 week wait and my period wasn’t supposed to come till Jan 8. I was on dpo10- I mean this is really weird for me because my periods are fairly regular at 27-29 days most months. Last month was weird because my period was really light and I spotted most of the 5 days and now I’m bleeding a week early. It’s red and looks like the start of a period. I’m hoping it’s just implantation bleeding like my last pregnancy but those were a few like pink drops and that was it on the day of my missed period. It took 1.5 years to conceive my daughter mostly because my periods were irregular varying from 22-30 days so it made it hard to say when I was ovulating. I’m hoping my body isn’t starting that again cause 1.5 years of negative pregnancy tests is not only expensive but heart breaking too. I have to add that my daughter did this past month fully weaned off breastfeeding so I guess the hormones from my body trying to regulate back to normal could be doing this to me. So I’m hoping against hope that I’ll be pregnant... eeding some support because I’m really disappointed that I didn’t get my Christmas/ New Years prayer/ wish... Baby dust to all...

Edit: I do take OPKs to track ovulation- I took one this morning and it says I might be getting ready to ovulate this week- soo weird cause I expected a complete negative instead of this: