I’m not a parent but I’d appreciate some advice from parents

I’m not a parent so sorry for posting here. I’m just looking for advice on how to deal with my parents. I’m 14 so I can’t drive anywhere. My parents don’t like driving me around places. My friend invited me over to her house after school and my parents made it really difficult to go to her house. Her brother was going to drive us but they weren’t okay with that. So then I suggested I ride her bus and they didn’t like that idea either but agreed to it, but just made the process really difficult. They refused to write the note to get me a bus pass and I had to call them and have them call the school. My mom finally did but then she got into an argument with the person at my school because they told her I needed a note. After it was all said and done, I got to my friends house. We had a great time and then my dad came to pick me up. The whole way home he complained about how far away her house is. I know you all will say I should get over it and I just shouldn’t go to my friends house. And I would do that. But when I don’t hang out with friends, they criticize that too. They say things like “you’re so lazy and have no friends. When I was your age I was never just sitting at home.” I don’t want to sit at home. I want to go places with my friends but with every single thing I suggest, they say no. They won’t let me walk anywhere with my friends after school. I can’t walk to my friends houses because they’re all too far. There’s no public transportation where I live and they wouldn’t let me do that either. I don’t understand what they want from me. It’s like if I try to be a normal kid and hang out with friends, they make it near impossible. When I just give up, they belittle me and make me feel like a weirdo. I’ve talked to them about it before and they just say “we can’t let you go with strangers. What if you go missing and we tell the police we don’t know where you are? What kind of parents would that make us.” And I understand that. But it’s what they say when I stay home that just gets to me. When I bring that up, they just say “well it’s true.” Which isn’t helpful. What am I supposed to do? Am I really being unreasonable with wanting them to not say those things to me? Thanks for any help and sorry again for posting here but I didn’t know where else to put it.