Would you be a little hurt?

Li

My SO has twin boys (age 3) and I watch them on Mondays and Tuesdays. Right now he is living with his family and I’m living with mine but it was my understanding that we are still trying to work together as a couple so that we can get another place together and reach our goals.

He’s always repeatedly telling me things any mother knows. For example, it cold outside, put on an extra shirt if you take them to the park; don’t let the dog bite them; don’t let them fall into the pool. I’ve been with these kids since they were newborns; I have three children of my own (ages 28 yrs, 18 yrs and 14 yrs) that never got bit by a dog or fell in a pool. I’m EXTREMELY cautious about pools because I’ve worked in hospitals and seen the devastation caused by “near drowning” incidents. Anyway finally yesterday I tell him that he doesn’t have to keep telling me these things. I already know. I ask him why have me keep them if you feel like you’ve got to continually tell me not to let them fall in the pool? He says “you’re cheap”.

This bothered me a lot. I get up at 5am drive across town 25 minutes to pick up the boys at 5:50am so he can leave for work at 6am then I drive back home across town to pick up my daughter at 6:30am to take her to school. He calls me when he gets off and I drive the boys back to where he’s staying across town. I’ve NEVER had a babysitter pick my kids up before I leave for work and drop them off to me when I get off, so it’s seriously bothering me for him to say I’m keeping them because I’m his cheapest option. By cheap, he means FREE. I don’t get paid for this and he has the nerve to call me cheap. I was like “really? I only keep them because I’m cheap? How about I keep them because I’ve been caring for them all their lives? I’ve kept them safe, changed their diapers, participated in potty training, taught them how to feed themselves....all the things him and their mother have done for them, I’ve done too. How about I keep them because I know what I’m doing; I have experience with these kids; I LOVE THESE KIDS?!?! No...I’m “Cheap”.

Straight up tell me I’m tripping if you think so.