Nothing yet

Caitlin

So I'm not pregnant. All the tests say negative, even though I'm between 10-21 days late. I'm on cycle day 57. I had a weird period in November, so I don't think I ovulated in November either, I had some spotting, and a super light period that lasted 1 and 1/2 days in November. I counted it as a period, but it was very minimal, so maybe my body tried to ovulate, but it didn't all the way? Based on symptoms I think I finally ovulated last week, so my period *should* start around Monday.

My husband and I have decided to keep doing what we've been doing for the past 18 months, which is not using any preventative measures, and then in April we will start ttc more seriously I guess?

What can I do help my body out between now and April? My toddler only nurses about 10 minutes within a 24 hour span.

When trying to get pregnant with him (baby #2) I had to get my 1st child (who was 2 years old) down to only ten minutes of nursing, and I had to gain 20 pounds (I'm 5'4 and was about 125 pounds.) It took 3 months of using no preventive measures, and then 3 months after that, after I gained the weight and almost completely weaned my toddler, I got pregnant.

Anticipating that I already did those two things in November, but I don't think I even ovulated in Novermber and December.

I am just feeling pretty discouraged right now. My friend was in this same exact situation two years ago, our bodies are apparently very similar, and when she did finally ovulate she hyper ovulated and got pregnant with twins. It took a year longer then she wanted, but she got two for one. Haha. Not saying I want twins, but if I had to choose between 2 babies or no baby, I'd take 2.