Toddler won’t eat or drink anything healthy- so frustrated

Bo

I know it’s normal for toddlers to be picky and that they need to get used to things, but I’m so frustrated right now and am desperate for advice. My toddler is 20 months old and a big, healthy boy. I’ll start by saying that. He’s thriving, healthy and very intelligent. However, he is so picky that I’m afraid his health will start declining and he’ll get sick easy, etc because he gets so little nutrition.

First, he hates all dairy products (milk, yogurt of any flavor, and cheese). So, there goes my ability to make sure he’s getting calcium. He likes orange juice but that’s not enough (and too sugary). I let him drink it several times a day for the calcium, but we need to do better than OJ being his only calcium option.

He will not eat a single fruit or vegetable we offer, and we’ve tried EVERYTHING! It’s more of a texture thing than taste, but he literally spits it out in his hand and throws it (if we are lucky enough to get him to even try it).

He won’t eat chicken, other poultry, or fish. He won’t eat beans, rice, or avocado. Literally, the only things he will eat are pizza, French fries, potato chips. He doesn’t get them often but if we go out to eat and they’re offered, he’ll eat them.

I’ve been forcing 1-2 purées a day down him filled with healthy stuff, calcium, vitamins because I’m so desperate for him to get some nutrition. When I say forcing, I mean we put him in his high chair, put on his favorite show and try to distract him to the point of not caring that I’m feeding him. I’m so so so so sick of this. He’s 20 months old and I shouldn’t have to feed him like a baby at this point. And he doesn’t want it either. We have zero chance of getting a single bite down him unless we find whatever show he wants to watch at that moment and get him distracted so he just doesn’t care.

I’ve tried to stop the purées altogether, but then he goes days without calcium, protein, vitamins etc.

I have toddler formula as well but he won’t drink that either. Chocolate milk is also not doable.

Has anyone had any success getting their toddler to come around and eat/drink healthy stuff after such a severe stubbornness against it?

Our pediatrician is just no help. She just tells me that he’ll come around. But it’s been like 7-8 months now and we are making zero progress.

Thanks for any advice.