My poor baby has Thrush 😔

Tiffany

Yesterday was not the five month milestone I was expecting.

Early morning I went to feed Kinsley and she was crying on the breast. I’d noticed it the day before but I though she was just fighting sleep because she has serious FOMO.

Well when she was crying first thing in the morning when she’s typically a happy baby I had to consider it was something else. So I let her cry so I could get a good look in her mouth and I noticed there was whiteness all along her gums and part of the roof of her mouth and immediately knew it wasn’t normal.

I sent a photo to my mom and she replied, “she’s got Thrush.” So I called and made an appointment with the ped and they squeezed us in yesterday around lunch.

After realizing something else was going on I could tell she wasn’t feeling well and I felt guilty for not realizing it sooner.

The doctor says it’s not that bad, but it was bad enough that she’s on medication now.

Waiting to hear back from my own doctor so I can be put on something too.

Will probably spend most of today washing everything, cleaning all her surfaces and toys and sterilizing her bottles and bowls, etc.

Has anyone ever dealt with this before? Was is difficult to get rid of?

She seems to be doing a little better this morning after a few doses of medicine, though I can’t tell if there’s a change in her mouth yet. She cried a little during her feeding just now, but nothing like yesterday.

😔