Rattlesnakes

Mesa
So most won't like this subject but I find it interesting, I've been a vet nurse for several years, my mom had been also so I grew up in the vet world, I also grew up handling exotic animals ranging from mammals to reptiles.
My point being is I went to a reptile store the other day to get crickets and the guy had a rattlesnake caged. He asked if I wanted to hold it and I said sure...assuming he meant with a snake stick(a common item used for handling venomous snakes) this was also BEFORE I knew I was pregnant...anyways he handed me the snake in my hands and I froze and  stared at him in shock for a moment then he proceeded to tell me that he...himself....not a vet...went in and cauterized his venom ducts....which is what connects the snakes fangs to the venom sacks....
I supposed that's not as bad as pulling the fangs out all together...but I can't help but wonder how he did it, since he isn't a vet and wouldn't have access to sedate the snake and monitor it under sedation while he did this....
Remember this isn't about the fact that I was willing to handle a rattlesnake I've grown up around them, my life, my choice.
It's about if people consider something like this acceptable, I really didn't feel it was and even if a professional was to do it I would question if it's a humane...he's just a guy who decided he wanted a pet rattlesnake and somehow took it upon himself to perform a surgical procedure on this reptile. 
Opinions welcome, and I did talk to my vet about it and he said he wouldn't personally do it and that it's not worth calling the humane society on the guy because they likely wouldn't do anything to help a snake...

Vote below to see results!