Boyfriend and College

Hey guys!!! sooooo me and my boyfriend have talked about this already and it’s been a bit after we’ve talked about it. I always had a gut feeling not to bring up what’s going to happen to us once we go to college... As soon as I bought it up he said he wanted to break up.. I broke down in tearssssss it was terrible. I told him I wanted to stay together but he said no that he was set on going to college without a girlfriend. He said his part of course, on why he wanted to do what he will do such as being able to hang out w friends more, being more free, not being strapped down.. etc. I couldn’t help but think of the girls. cause he mentioned it meeting other people and things like that. That whole conversation broke me. He even went as far as saying no matter what I do I can’t change his mind. I don’t agree with us breaking up but we decided to stay together. I was actually going to break up with him but once i realized he really wasn’t going to give us a chance and he was willing to break up with me it broke me even more.. so I decided to stay with him. Its been maybe one or two months now and that conversation and my feelings from it keep coming back up and it’s killing me... we’re graduating soon and he’s gonna leave me and he’s gonna meet someone way better than me and I’m just so heart broken :( I’m not ready for it. I don’t know how to convince to stay with me or maybe if it’s for the best that we break up.. this is so depressing but yeah I needed to talk about it my friends kind of aren’t helping.. but they really can’t do anything about it either :/ it really sucks that I love him more than he loves me