Words of Encouragement

SHAUNA

Came upon this scripture...which was much needed righr now..hope it helps you all too.

Psalms 37:7: "Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.  Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes." 

Many times we can get so restless when we are waiting for something.  If you're like me and try to plan everything, then it can extremely frustrating when waiting messes up your plans!  And can be disheartening when you see other women get pregnant around you, especially those who aren't married and don't even want a baby. 

The devil will send fleeting thoughts your way like "Why is it that I'm serving God and can't get pregnant while so many teenagers and people who aren't serving God are having babies!"  Sometimes it seems that people who aren't doing things God's way are better off, but in the end they are not and we need to reject these negative thoughts.  The only thing you can control is yourself and what you focus on and think about.  The verse tells us to be still in God and wait patiently.  It doesn't tell us to worry and make things happen on our own.  

What a wonderful thing to be rest in God and be at peace knowing He is working on our behalf, even though we can't see it yet.  When we are able to do this, it gives us a lifelong peace that can't be taken away. 

When we rest in God and trust Him to take care of us, then we stop "trying" to make things happen on our own.  Occasionally, a woman tries so hard to conceive a baby but when she finally stops trying, she becomes pregnant!  I've seen this happen numerous times with couples who have decided to adopt.  When you try so hard in your own strength, your body recognizes the strain and stress and it makes it even harder to conceive!  God made our bodies work the way they do so we should really follow his instruction manual (the Bible)!