I. Hate. Naps.

Does anyone else hate naps? I effing hate them. I hate struggling for months to get my son to fall asleep on his own, and finally succeeding, and having one precious month where I could count on two solid naps, and now he WON’T TAKE TWO. He takes the first one, sleeps about an hour, then refuses to take a second one. So I try putting him down later in the day hoping that he’ll sleep longer, because he is crabby as shit when he only gets one hour of napping in each day, but he still sleeps one miserable hour and is still crabby as shit til bedtime. I’ve tried feeding him before his nap. I’ve tried keeping the house dead quiet. I’ve tried keeping it at a normal noise level. His room is dark and quiet and there’s blankets and white noise. Wtf is going on? It’s been like this for a month now. Every once in a while he’ll get 2 hours, or we’ll get so fed up with his crankiness we’ll put him down for a second and SOMETIMES he’ll sleep a half hour if we’re lucky. I’m just at a loss. I thought the nap shit was in the past. Kids are so good at lulling you into a false sense of security and then springing this on you when you’re at your tiredest. I’m so over. Someone please fucking save my sanity. He’s 14 months old.