Am I just being crazy?

My boyfriend is Facebook friends with an ex. They have kids together. He doesn't post very much. She only sees the kids around Christmas and doesn't really ask about them in between. I'm not bothered with Facebook. They recently started following each other on Instagram. He has never posted anything on his Instagram and I don't understand why he has one as most of the people are the same as Facebook. It bothers me that he would follow her on Instagram. Part of me doesn't trust him around her. Sometimes I feel like a third wheel when she is around. He claims he has no feeling for her and if he wanted to be with her he could. She has a husband. Which when they got married my boyfriend joked that we should elope. When we fight he will tell me I am just like her. I've never compared him to any of my ex but she's the one he compared me to alot. He always finds a way to bring her up, no matter what. I could probably write her biography. Even his family talks about her and 95% of the time it has nothing to do with her relationship with the kids. Sometimes I just feel like a fill in, a babysitter, a maid...