Baby boy born at 29 weeks 6 days.

Jayme

I’m writing this not to scare all you mamas, but to tell you all to always trust your gut, never second guess yourself & get NST’s Whenever you want...

Monday was the scariest day of my life, it all still feels like a weird nightmare. For some random reason I decided to check on baby with my home Doppler (I haven’t actually done this in quite some time). Baby’s heartbeat sounded weird to me & something didn’t feel right in my gut.

I gave it an hour. I took my daughter to ballet, came home & checked again- it still didn’t feel right. I decided to go the hospital, just to have them take a listen. I am so glad I listened to that feeling inside me. When I got to the hospital they also couldn’t get a good read on the heart & after a huge panic they found it was rising and falling from 150bpm-57. The nurse told me I would be having my baby right now. I was literally ran to the OR, put under and my son was delivered at 29 weeks & 6 days. When they delivered him he had a tight knot in his cord. The doctor said if I didn’t come in I would have woken up to a very different sad day- he wouldn’t have made it.

We have been both transfered & he’s in the NICU & doctors are very positive. He is a little fighter and is doing so well. If you are the praying type we would appreciate all the prayers for our sweet boy //

Winston Wolf Winterborne. 3lbs 15oz.