I hate it

My boyfriend makes me feel so inadequate. I feel like no matter what I do, I'm doing it wrong. I can't do anything right. He constantly berates me for doing things wrong. I have so much anxiety and when I try to explain it to him it just makes him angry. He doesn't understand why I feel this way. He pretty much says I should keep my mouth shut and not question him because he knows what he's doing. That the things he does and says is because he cares, but it really doesn't feel like it. He truly doesn't understand me and I don't think I understand him. The things he does doesn't make any sense. I am an empathetic person. I hate confrontation and upsetting people but it feels like all I do is upset him. I truly feel like I can't do anything right; sex, money, school, and just life in general. He's 8 years older than me, he has lived and gone through so much more than me and it's like he forgets that.

He's not the type of person you can easily stand up to. Trying to speak your mind just makes things worse.