I’m probably digging a hole for myself..

Alright. I’m going to start for the top with this one, and all I ask for is love and support, and advice.

I am 19 years old, coming up on 20 this year, and have recently been romantically involved with a coworker who is 32. We’ve only slept together a couple times, but have been going out together (I guess they’re dates?) a couple times a week for the past couple months. Another big part of the situation is, he has a 5 year old son. And I’ve known about his kid ever since I started working with him, it’s not news to me.

I am just so torn between the feelings of “I am an adult and can make my own damn decisions” and “what am I doing with my life, everyone is going to hate me forever” and I guess I just came here to vent about it. Gather thoughts and opinions. I have been in mentally and emotionally abusive relationships in the past, and my mom tells me that because of those, it probably took a toll on my love life and generally just my self worth. She feels I am being taken advantage of, and I feel that I have been through enough of that to finally realize when I’m being manipulated or basically when a man will say whatever the hell just to get into my pants.

Although this whole mess is a lengthy one, I just wanted to see how you guys felt. If I am making a horrible mistake or if I should roll with the punches and just have fun.